Development and Marketing Assistant
Reporting to the Head of Development & Finance, Development & Marketing Assistant will be a key member of the organization’s team helping to drive fundraising and communication strategy and growth as it begins its second quarter century of impact.
- Work closely with the Head of Development & Finance to develop and implement an annual comprehensive fundraising strategy that includes prospects, individual donors, corporations, foundations, and events.
- Develop and implement all aspects of direct donor solicitations and communications for various channels (print, social media, web, mail, email, video).
- Develop and support strategies and activities to ensure proper acknowledgement, recognition, and stewardship of donors.
- Assist Head of Development & Finance with communicating with members of the Board of Directors around key meetings, cultivation efforts and other fundraising priorities.
- Remain current on best practices for fundraising efforts, guidelines and procedures used in the nonprofit sector to guide and inform the program’s development strategic goals.
- Perform other related duties as needed and directed by Head of Development & Finance.
Marketing & Communications
- With Head of Development & Finance and Programming leads, develop year-long content for various marketing efforts and platforms. Technical & Digital responsibilities:
- Maintain RFL website (wordpress proficient)
- Implement communications with CRM (NEON).
- Maintain and manage communications calendar
- Create, implement, manage social media plan
- Manage production of online and collateral materials/publications (impact report, e-newsletters, blog, event programs).
- Support signature fundraising event Banned in Boston to ensure successful guest experience and development goals met. This includes: liaison with Event Planning firm, Guest Registration, Implementation of special event software, and
- Attend and support evening events as needed.
This position requires passion for creative youth development, excellent writing skills, innate curiosity, and sense of humor. Rehearsal for Life is an equal opportunity employer.
Position status: Exempt, full-time
Hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Job Location: Hybrid (remote) office and Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts, United States
Salary: $42 – $55k based on experience.
Competitive benefits, including three weeks vacation and match for 403b.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong alignment with the Rehearsal for Life mission, vision and values
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple tasks/priorities
- 1-3 years experience development or communications office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an understanding of how to convey complex topics to a variety of audiences
- Strong technical skills required (Microsoft Office, Google apps, CRM/Neon, WordPress, Adobe, Constant Contact/Mail Chimp, Social media channels)
- Familiarity or experience with creative youth development field
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Sense of humor
Rehearsal for Life, Inc. uses theater to promote social change through our two primary programs: Urban Improv and Freelance Players. Our mission is to strengthen young people’s social and emotional skills for every stage in life, through dialogue, creativity, and performance.
For more information, please visit www.rehearsalforlife.org
HOW TO APPLY
Send cover letter and resume, and two writing samples to office [at] rehearsalforlife [dot] org.
No phone calls please.